Professional and Personal Development
Custom Workshops // Trainings // Classes
NOTE – As of August 2022 I returned to full time work in schools and am only available weekends or summer for any custom Workshops.
Check our CALENDAR or stay up to date on all of our announcements and updates from the YOUniversity, including our workshops.
Dee DiGioia, founder of “Mindful Kindful YOUniversity,” is a public speaker and offers special event custom workshops, trainings, classes, including custom retreats and sound baths for professional and personal development or self-care Learn and practice the essential life skills proven to potentiate well-being, happiness, and success throughout all stages of life.
In an increasingly disconnected world, these workshops provide engaging, personalized and supportive real-time experiences and opportunities to address professional and personal challenges and questions as they arise. Leave feeling inspired and empowered with new skills and inner resources for well-being. Learn, practice, and grow skillfully with us!
Host a custom workshop at your company, school, or in your home – in San Luis Obispo county, CA, or anywhere via Zoom. For adults and for youth. NOTE – As of August 2022 I returned to full time work in schools and am only available weekends or summer for any custom Workshops.
By setting the intention to practice mindfulness and kindfulness in our daily living, we plant the seeds for positive habits to transform our inner peace and happiness. As a result, each one of us is positively contributing to a thriving, resilient, compassionate and peaceful world beginning within ourselves, and positively impacting our relationships at home, school, and in our communities.
My experience includes presenting to teachers, high school students, corporate level work environments, a variety of community organizations, as well as public speaking for service organizations and 3 national conferences.
The word university is derived from the Latin word universus, meaning “whole, entire.” Mindful Kindful YOUniversity is the study of YOU and your whole-being: your thoughts, feelings, attitudes, behaviors, patterns, and how to respond to life moment to moment in a healthy, balanced, and positive way at home, at school, at work, and in our communities.
Well-being is a skill and all skills require practice! Your well-being is the most important education you will ever receive! Learn, practice, and grow skillfully with us!
No one should feel alone or unskilled when life feels overwhelming at home, work, or school!
Together we can choose a well-being topic related to mindfulness, resilience, and self-care that will be customized to the needs and interests of your organization/group — or attend any of our scheduled public events. These topics are designed to positively impact participants both personally and professionally (or academically). Topics include (but are not limited to):
- explore how to change your relationship to stress and preventing burnout (what is stress, how does it impact you and those around you?);
- explore the what, the why’s (wise), and the how of mindfulness; (and learn what it isn’t);
- explore the keys to resilience through self-care;
- learn how to improve focus raise peak performance (improve personal or work productivity and creativity)
- and more!
WHO? Available for any group ~ the ideas are limitless!
- SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, CA: Provided at your site, in your homes, in a community meeting spot, anywhere ~ or I may have a location to use. Just ask!
Custom schedule to meet your group’s needs. Options:
- One time, a few times, a series
- If a series > Once a week, once a month, once quarterly or annually!
- One hour, a few hours, half day, full day, multiple days
none scheduled at this time
Recording of the LMUSD Webinar ~ Roots of Resilience Webinar from December 2, 2020:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
September 2020 ~ Mindfulness and Education Summit
August 2020 ~ Preschool Neuroscience Summit.
I was one of over 20 experts speaking at the Neuroscience summit. I spoke on “The Magic of Mindfulness in Nature”. You can still purchase the “all-access” pass package for all the recorded interviews. Use my affiliate link (click on image above) to purchase the package, I will get an affiliate’s percentage which I will use towards our very own Mindful Explorers program for kids and their grown-ups.
Some former workshops or webinars:
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) Webinar on Resilience & Well-being
- Sinsheimer Elementary (SLCUSD) ~ Parent Night Workshop
- Lucia Mar Unified School District – Webinar for Well-Being Series (for employees only)
- LMUSD Webinar – Roots of Resilience
- Mindfulness Education Summit
- Preschool Neuroscience Summit
- Sinsheimer Elementary (SLUSD) Professional Dev Workshop for Staff
- monthly PD’s for Grover Heights Elementary Staff (LMUSD)
- South Bay Women’s Network
- Rotary Los Osos
- Girl Scouts of Arroyo Grande
- Atascadero High School
- Nipomo HIgh School
- CAPSLO, Private Staff Development
- One Cool Earth, SLO, Private Staff Development Workshop (photo above)
- Accuzip, Atascadero, Private Workshop on Reducing Workplace Stress
- Private Workshop for a Book Club for moms and their 6 year old daughters – Topic Mindfulness + Bullying
- private workshop in San Luis Obispo is for a local chapter of RESOLVE, an infertility support group, to introduce mindfulness as a means to positively impact and support you in responding to life as it is — the good stuff, the tough stuff, all of it — with grace and skill.
- Shell Beach Elementary, Staff Development
- Series of free workshops for The Heart of Mindfulness for Youth Week at Omni Yoga, Bellevue sante Fe Charter School, Parents Helping Parents in SLO, Nipomo High School, California Conservation Corps.
- “Mindful Leadership”: Guest Speaker at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (CA) Summer Session – Educational Leadership and Administration Coursework: Education, Culture and Learning (must be enrolled in course to attend).
- Adult School Parenting Program, San Luis Coastal Adult School ~ Guest speaker
- Prior to 2017 (the launch of Mindful Kindful YOUniversity) I have done public speaking for 3 National Conferences on Bullying; presentations for international organizations such as Kiwanis and Rotary, and presented numerous professional development trainings in the school setting on topics including mindfulness, stress reduction, bullying Intervention, social emotional regulation, Zones of regulation, PBIS.
Contact Dee DiGioia to sponsor or host your next custom event!