The Heart of Mindfulness for Youth Week
November 11 – 17, 2017
“The Heart of Mindfulness for Youth Week” is an international collaboration of mindfulness educators to raise awareness on the benefits of mindfulness programs in schools and youth groups in our local communities.
This year marks the first annual “The Heart of Mindfulness for Youth Week” which will be celebrated all around the world.
Although it is an international event, each local chapter will plan their own ways of celebrating during that week. Those who will be leading these events have their hearts burning with passion for sharing mindfulness with others. We are teachers, school psychologists, counselors, mental health professionals, school administrators, mothers, fathers, friends, yoga instructors, music teachers, and more ~~ we are one collective heartbeat of folks who are training or have been trained and certified in teaching mindfulness specific to education. Our goal is to raise awareness on how evidence-based practices of mindfulness are an essential component in education and in our lives.
(Mindful Educators- go to bottom of page for info on creating your event.)
FREE workshops to celebrate
The Heart of Mindfulness for Youth Week
on the Central Coast CA
“Mindfulness for Youth:
Why it’s Essential at Home, in the Classroom, and Beyond“
Parents! Educators! Community! Join me for this introductory workshop where I will be sharing the challenges of youth in today’s world, including the challenges and changes I’ve observed in my own experiences as an educator in schools (hint: stress, anxiety, depression, distraction, impulsivity…!)
More importantly, I will also share the benefits and positive impacts of evidence-based practices of science-based mindfulness and movement, and social-emotional learning of “sm’heart skills”.
Participants will also engage in a few practices and take away some ideas to use and consider in their own lives personally, professionally and with the youth at home or in their classrooms.
(Sorry, no children under the age of 16 at this event!)
WHEN/WHERE? Join us at one of the following locations for this informative and FREE workshop:
(2) Monday Nov 13 / 6:00-7:00pm / Bellevue Sante Fe Charter School* / San Luis Obispo (Avila), CA. *Bellevue-Santa Fe is one of California’s premier charter schools serving kindergarten through 6th grade with an emphasis on hands-on learning.
(3) Wednesday Nov 29* / 1:00-2:00pm / Parents Helping Parents* / 3450 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, CA (this date had to be re-scheduled for a later date) * PHP is a family resource center committed to supporting families of children with special needs and children who are risk for developmental delays.
(4) Your location? Let me know if you would like to host a workshop the week of Nov 11-17 at your school, organization, or gather your friends in your home! Contact Dee
These are not public events but I will also be offering workshops for the following:
- Wednesday Nov 15 / 12:50-2:50 / Nipomo High School
- Wednesday Nov. 15 / 6:00 – 7:00pm / for California Conservation Corps / San Luis Obispo
MK YOU will also be sharing in other ways! Stay tuned!
- Help organize? Contact Dee!!!
- Host an event in your classroom/school or in the community? Contact Dee!!!
- Don’t miss our updates! Subscribe
- Don’t miss our shares, reminders, and hashtags! Join our Mindful Kindful YOU community on Facebook
Mindful educators: In my own efforts to launch mindfulness programs on the Central Coast of CA, after leaving my role in special education, I made a decision to launch this global campaign initiative to have the support of like-minded friends (See “Creating a Cascade of Positive Change”). I invited mindfulness educators from around the world (met via my certification training through Mindful Schools) to help with the planning stages and for sharing ideas. There are only a few Guidelines if you are a Mindfulness Educator and plan to lead your own “Heart of Mindfulness for Youth” event in your school or community. Join our FB Page for instructions and suggestions to make your event a success and to remain united, Or contact Dee.